As discussed throughout the class, noise and music are very influential to human society and would be a great introduction to human life for any extraterrestrial life. If given to opportunity to contribute to The Golden Record Project, I would include conversations from different languages from around the world, I Dreamed A Dream from Les Miserables, and Night Changes by One Direction.

Communication is a critical part of the human experience. The different languages and tone of voice used in those language truly paints a picture of what life is like in our world. I Dreamed A Dream, in my opinion, is one of the most beautiful musical theatre songs ever written and is from one of the best musicals. The music and lyrics are composed in such a way that truly capture Fantine’s pain. Night Changes by One Direction is a great example of popular music from our current era, which influences society. It also is about growing up and that influences human life, not only day to day but also in art and other media.

These three sections should be included in The Golden record Project because they each show an important part of the human experience. Conversation is what society is built off of and is the primary form of communication and storytelling in many cultures. I Dreamed A Dream demonstrates pain from the human experience which is conveyed in the instrumental as well as the lyrics, transcending language. It is also an example of the impressive art form of musical theatre. Night Changes captures the essence of growing up which is a major part of human life and would help extraterrestrials understand the importance of coming of age in human culture. Together, these sounds and these songs would show aliens what human life is like.